Thursday, 22 April 2010

Annoying NetBeans bug

Oh man, what an annoying bug. After I updated the project file from version control, NetBeans suddenly decided it can't find some of the packages that worked perfectly well until then. Main problem was org.jdesktop, but even the main class was missing! I tried running clean several times with no effect and restarting NB.

What helped was to remove the NB cache located in ~/.netbeans/x.x/var/cache (x.x = NB version number). I simply closed down NB and deleted the whole cache dir and after restart everything works!

Addendum: this seems to happen regularily if I work on the same project with versions 6.7.1 and 6.8. Whenever I first edit the files with the older version, the newer version requires me to do this fix. I have no problems doing it the other way around.

No comments:

Post a comment